WEBSITE AND APPLICATION
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
You may simply browse the Services, or you may register with TechDen and create an account (“Account“). You must have an Account to use TechDen’s full range of Services. If TechDen believes or suspect that any information you provide TechDen is not true, accurate, current or complete, TechDen may deny or terminate your access to the Services (or any portion thereof). Visitors agree not to attempt to access Member areas of the Services.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; LIMITED LICENSE TO USERS
In addition, you agree not to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with TechDen’s Materials and Services.
Except as expressly indicated to the contrary elsewhere on this Site, you may view, download, and print the Content available on this Site, subject to the following conditions:
- The Content may be used solely for personal, informational, and internal purposes.
- The Content may not be modified or altered in any way.
- The Content incorporated in TechDen’s Services may not be distributed or sold, rented, leased, or licensed to others.
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Content.
- TechDen reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download, and print the Content available on this Site at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from TechDen.
- The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
The rights specified above to view, download, and print the Content available on TechDen’s Services are not applicable to the design or layout of TechDen’s Services. Elements of TechDen’s Services are protected by Intellectual Property Laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
App Store Sourced Application
The following applies to any App Store Sourced Application:
- You acknowledge that the App Store has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
- In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Store, and the App Store will be responsible for refunding the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to you and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Store will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between TechDen and the App Store, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of TechDen.
- You and TechDen acknowledge that, as between TechDen and the App Store, the App Store is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
Certain software code incorporated into or distributed with the Application may be licensed by third parties under various “open-source” or “public-source” software licenses (such as the GNU General Public License, the GNU Lesser General Public License, the Apache License, the Berkeley Software Distribution License, and the Sun Public License) (collectively, the “Open Source Software”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Open Source Software is not licensed hereunder and instead is separately licensed pursuant to the terms and conditions of their respective open-source software licenses. You agree to comply with the terms and conditions of such open-source software license agreements.
“User Content” is user-supplied information, comments, materials, files, communications, and documents. You are entirely responsible for each individual item of User Content that you post, publish, submit or make available through the Services. As between you and TechDen, you retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in the User Content you post. You grant TechDen a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, fully sublicenseable, worldwide license, under any and all of your copyright and other intellectual property rights related to that User Content. You agree that any such User Content or any derivative works thereof, except for any personally identifiable information you submit in regards to your Account, may be disseminated, distributed, publicly displayed, reproduced, used, sublicensed, posted, or published by TechDen, and searched, displayed, printed or otherwise used or exploited by TechDen’s customers. To the extent you include personally identifiable information in forums within TechDen’s Services, TechDen will not be liable for such disclosure. TechDen does not grant you any rights in any User Content available on TechDen’s Services (other than your own submitted User Content), except to use any such User Content for your personal and non-commercial use.
You agree not to revise User Content posted by others, and you represent and warrant that you will not post or use any User Content in any manner that:
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
- Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Is false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time;
- Is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by TechDen in TechDen’s sole discretion;
- Discloses or provides information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others;
- Misrepresents your identity in any way;
- Contains any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Advocates or encourages any illegal activity; or
- Has the potential to create liability for TechDen or cause TechDen to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of TechDen’s Internet service providers or other suppliers.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on TechDen’s Services are the property of TechDen or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of TechDen or such third party that may own the Marks.
PROHIBITED USES AND USER CONDUCT
It is TechDen’s goal to make access to TechDen’s Services a good experience for all of TechDen’s users. You agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, your use of the Services, or access to the Services for any purposes other than for which the Services are being provided to you, or do any of the following:
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Services;
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Services, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site or Services;
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Services to which you do not possess access rights;
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
- Use the Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Use the Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without TechDen’s prior express written permission;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Services, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use the Services, in cases where the Services offer a mobile component. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing the Services.
In the event that you provide TechDen any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to the Services (collectively “Feedback”), you agree TechDen may use the Feedback to modify TechDen’s Services and that you will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates your Feedback. You grant to TechDen a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether you provide the Feedback through the Services or through any other method of communication with TechDen, unless TechDen has entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT
Any links to other websites not owned or operated by TechDen are provided solely as a convenience for you. TechDen’s listing of any Third Party Content does not create a partnership or affiliation with the third party. TechDen’s listing of any Third Party Content does not constitute sponsorship or endorsement of any such third parties or service providers. You shall make a competent consumer decision before employing the services of any listed third party professional or service provider. You bear all risk associated with the employing of any third party and obtaining their goods or services.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICES
TechDen reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Services with or without notice to you. TechDen will not be liable to you or any third party should TechDen exercise TechDen’s right to modify or discontinue the Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Services. Continued access to the Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Services as so modified. You agree that TechDen, in TechDen’s sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, in TechDen’s sole discretion. If you want to terminate any Services, you may do so by (a) notifying TechDen at any time and (b) deleting the Application from your mobile device and closing your Account for all of the Services that you use. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to TechDen’s email address set forth below. YOU AGREE THAT TECHDEN WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT WILL IN NO WAY MODIFY, CHANGE OR VOID ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS YOU MAY HAVE INCURRED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES, WHETHER SUCH OBLIGATION IS TO TECHDEN OR A THIRD PARTY.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND TECHDEN OR YOU AND A THIRD PARTY WITH RESPECT TO SUCH PARTY’S MATERIALS OR SERVICES, TECHDEN’S SERVICES, AND ALL MATERIALS ACCESSIBLE THROUGH TECHDEN’S SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TECHDEN MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE, OR RELIABLE; (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR MATERIALS OBTAINED OR ACCESSIBLE BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, OR ANY DEFECTS IN THE SITE, ITS SERVICES OR MATERIALS, WILL BE CORRECTED. THIS SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES, OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. TECHDEN MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES AT THIS SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES AT THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND TECHDEN MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS OR SERVICES.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT (I) TECHDEN DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE, OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH TECHDEN’S SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY VENDORS AND THIRD PARTIES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH LINKS ON THE SITE; (II) TECHDEN MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES, THEIR CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES; (III) ANY DEALINGS YOU MAY HAVE WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK; AND (IV) TECHDEN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL TECHDEN, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT TECHDEN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, ITS SERVICES, OR MATERIALS, THE STATEMENTS OR ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, ANY DEALINGS WITH VENDORS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES, ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY INFORMATION THAT IS SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, ANY FAILURE TO STORE OR LOSS OF DATA, FILES, OR OTHER CONTENT, ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE THAT ARE DELAYED OR INTERRUPTED, OR ANY WEBSITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO OR FROM THIS SITE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that TechDen may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of TechDen’s liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances will TechDen or TechDen’s licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond TechDen’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, OR non-performance of third parties. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that TechDen may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
You hereby release TechDen, its owners, officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of the Services.
TechDen respects the intellectual property of others, and TechDen asks you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide TechDen the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
TechDen’s agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Services can be reached by mail at TDT Global Pty Ltd, 4510 Helgesen Drive, Madison, WI 53718 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You acknowledge that TechDen has the right hereunder to seek an injunction, if necessary, to stop or prevent a breach of your obligations hereunder.
ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE.
Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TechDen may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction. Please note that the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located may be different from Wisconsin law, including the laws governing what can legally be sold, bought, exported, offered or imported. You shall always comply with all the international and domestic laws, ordinances, regulations and statutes that are applicable to your use of the Services.
The arbitral proceedings, and all pleadings and written evidence will be in the English language. Any written evidence originally in a language other than English will be submitted in English translation accompanied by the original or true copy thereof. The English language version will control. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator will not have authority to award damages in excess of the amount, or other than the types, allowed by these Terms. Judgment on the award of the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator also shall be authorized to grant any temporary, preliminary or permanent equitable remedy or relief it deems just and equitable and within the scope of the Terms, including, without limitation, an injunction or order for specific performance. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the parties without appeal or review except as permitted by Wisconsin law or United States federal law.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall not be subject to this arbitration agreement. Such claims shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in Dane County, Wisconsin. Additionally, notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before the state or federal courts located in Dane County, Wisconsin, in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration, and hereby agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Dane County, Wisconsin for such purpose. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
With the exception of (b) above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, if (b) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor the Company shall be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason, a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute shall be exclusively brought in state or federal court in Dane County, Wisconsin. By using the Services in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration provision.
For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at ADR.org.
TDT Global PTY, Ltd. (“TechDen”) will award a $100 Amazon gift card on July 1, 2019 for all submissions April 1, 2019-June 30, 2019, and again on October 1, 2019 for all submissions July 1, 2019-September 30, 2019. The winners being chosen at random from entries received. Winners will be notified within 30 days via email.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the contest, you must be a US resident of at least 18 years of age, and must not be employed by TechDen or others who (in TechDen’s sole discretion) are deemed to work in the same field of trade as TechDen. Additionally, you will only be eligible to win one per household, per 12-month period, regardless of the number of entries submitted. One entry per email address. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The prize is non-transferrable. No substitutions allowed. TechDen reserves the right to disqualify anyone who, in TechDen’s sole discretion, does not meet the eligibility requirements.
How to Enter: In order to enter, you must submit your email address via techden.com.
Shipping: Shipping address must be in the continental United States.
Products: The winner will be awarded one Den valued at retail price of $229 USD or one $100 Amazon gift card.
Taxes and Costs: The winner is responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes incurred as a result of entering the contest.
Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, entry in the contest constitutes your consent for TechDen to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, etc.), your name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice or image, without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
LEGAL PROVISIONS AND RELEASE: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. YOU AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD TDT Global PTY, Ltd. (“TechDen”) HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT WON IN THE CONTEST. This contest and the interpretation of these rules will be governed by Wisconsin law. By your entry into the contest, you agree that you and any disputes involving the contest will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Madison, Wisconsin.